The Difference of a Sauna and Steam Room, and The Benefits of an Infrared Sauna
Did you know that sauna and steam rooms offer relaxation and help reduce symptoms of many health conditions? While they are similar in various ways, there is a difference between the two. If you are looking to improve your health, then visit our chiropractors at The Health & Wellness Clinic in Overland Park, Gladstone, Grandview, or Kansas City today. Below is information about these two features we offer at our practice and the benefits of using our sauna.
Sauna vs Steam Room
- Sauna: Saunas use dry heat produced by hot rocks. They are therapeutic for chronic illnesses like arthritis, migraines, and other joint pain. The super-dry, hot rooms can also ease anxiety and stress, which helps with reducing muscle tension, too. Studies show that saunas can even help with insomnia and lead to better quality sleep.
- Steam Rooms: In contrast, steam rooms use hot steam rather than dry air. The steam can help with respiratory and breathing problems as it alleviates congested and constricted airways and passages. In some cases, using steam rooms can help with weight issues, like slow metabolism or get rid of excess water weight.
A new type of sauna is making its mark as an improved health practice. The traditional dry heat maker runs 150-160°F. An infrared sauna heats at about 120-140°F and uses only infrared light to send heat directly to the body. The benefits for this innovative sauna is similar to steam rooms and traditional saunas, and can help with:
- Weight: In a half-hour infrared sauna session, a person can burn up to 600 calories. This is due to
- the body working overtime to stay cool when the inner heat is created, which helps with the weight loss efforts.
- Detox: Sweating is good for you, and it naturally filters out toxins. The sauna allows you to sweat out an estimated seven times more toxins than in a traditional sauna.
- Relaxation: Infrared saunas directly target cortisol levels (stress hormone) in the body. They also relieve tension in the muscles and mind, which leads to improved sleep and relaxation.
- Pain Relief: The benefit of infrared saunas is that the infrared light penetrates the body and create heat to increase blow flood within the muscles, creating energy to allow the body to heal and reducing pain.
See Our Chiropractors in Overland Park, Gladstone, Kansas City, or Grandview Today
Serving Overland Park, Gladstone, Kansas City, Grandview, and surrounding areas, we at The Health & Wellness Clinic uses holistic approaches to ease pain and improve overall health. Schedule your appointment with our chiropractors today to find the healthiest you. Reach out to us by calling 913-579-1154.